Skip to main content

Help Paying Your Bill

Charity Care & Financial Assistance

It is the policy of Southern Humboldt Community Healthcare District to offer Charity Care, Financial Assistance, Payment Plans, and Discounted and Extended Payment Plans for those who are eligible.

We work with patients and partners to meet our community’s healthcare needs.

To be considered for charity care, your family income must be at or below 400% of the current Federal Poverty Level.

As a rural, critical access hospital, 400% of the poverty level is required to maintain Southern Humboldt Community Healthcare District’s financial and operational integrity.

Eligibility details

Application forms

Download your financial assistance application form in the language of your choice below. Printed copies of the application are also available upon request at the Southern Humboldt Community Clinic Registration Desk at 509 Elm Street, Garberville.

English   Spanish

Completed applications can be mailed to:
SoHum Health
ATTN: Billing
733 Cedar Street
Garberville, CA 95542

Hospital Bill Complaint Program

The Hospital Bill Complaint Program is a state program, which reviews hospital decisions about whether you qualify for help paying your hospital bill. If you believe you were wrongly denied financial assistance, you may file a complaint with the Hospital Bill Complaint Program. Go to for more information and to file a complaint.


If you have questions or need assistance, visit SoHum Health’s billing office, call (877) 673-0903, or submit an inquiry below.

Billing Inquiry