Visitors are welcome at Jerold Phelps Community Hospital and Skilled Nursing Unit everyday from 8am-8pm
Visitor policy (updated 1/12/2022)
Visitation guidelines are subject to frequent change. Please call the Infection Prevention Nurse at (707) 923-3921 x292 prior to your visit to discuss the details and requirements for your specific situation. We are working diligently to protect our patients, staff, and you from avoidable exposure to COVID-19 whenever possible. As such, all visitors must adhere to the following:
Skilled Nursing Visits:
- Indoors: Visitors must be vaccinated, boosted if eligible for a booster, and provide evidence of a negative COVID test within one day of visitation for antigen tests, or two days for PCR tests. Visitors must also wear a well-fitting face mask (surgical mask or respirator) and physically distance from facility personnel and other patients/residents who are not part of their group. There are special provisions for residents who are unable to leave their room or otherwise go outdoors.
- Outdoors: For those that don’t meet the above requirement, outdoor visitation is allowed with evidence of a negative COVID test within one day of visitation for antigen tests, or two days for PCR tests.
- Emergencies: Visitors may be temporarily waived from the vaccination/testing requirements in certain emergent situations, but must comply with the vaccine-or-test requirement as soon as possible after the emergency ends.
Acute Hospital Visits:
- Unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated visitors are eligible for indoor visits with evidence of a negative COVID test within one day of visitation for antigen tests, and two days for PCR tests.
All visitors to patients/residents must enter through the Emergency Department entrance at 733 Cedar Street. Visitors will be handed a hospital-grade mask and asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the hospital. Visitors will then need to check-in at the Nurse’s Station prior to entering any patient or resident room. Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID or any Flu-like symptoms will be asked to postpone until free from such symptoms.
When visiting, please follow all required precautions to prevent patients and staff from exposure:
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others
- Perform hand hygiene as requested
- Follow the directions of hospital staff
On behalf of our staff and patients, we thank you for your understanding and compliance.