Changes to Visitor Policy (effective until April 30, 2020, or until updated)
At SoHum Health, we are working carefully to protect our patients, staff, and you. As the number of cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the state grows, it is critical to minimize avoidable exposure to COVID-19 whenever possible. Because some individuals who contract the COVID-19 virus have no symptoms or only mild symptoms, which means they may not be aware they are carrying the virus, visitors will not be allowed in SoHum Health hospital, clinic, and other outpatient locations.
Exceptions to this policy include visitors supporting those patients:
- Under the age of 18
- Experiencing urgent legal issues
- With developmental or physical disabilities preventing them from navigating the appointment or facility alone, or
- Requiring a caregiver to support the patient’s ability to understand or participate in the care or treatment
Those visitors admitted must enter through the Emergency Department entrance, and must follow all required precautions to prevent patients and staff from exposure, including:
- Maintaining 6 feet distance from others,
- Performing hand hygiene as ordered,
- Following the directions of hospital staff, and
- Keeping the visit as short as possible.
Clinic patients should also enter through the Emergency Department entrance on Cedar Street.
On behalf of our staff and patients, we thank you for your understanding and compliance.