The mission of the Southern Humboldt Family Resource Center is to connect all community members to resources and services by:
- Supporting education and lifelong learning by strengthening relationships between our schools, families and communities;
- Nurturing efforts of community members to reach their fullest potential and well being;
- Providing opportunities to participate in safe and enriching community life; and
- Promoting respect for diversity.
Visit HNFRC.org to learn about the Humboldt Network for Family Resource Centers.
- After School Programs: Redway and Casterlin
- Assistance with Basic Needs: Emergency food, clothing, hygiene supplies, housing and transportation
- CalFresh/CalWorks Assistance: Information, application assistance and referrals
- Family Partnership Council
- First Five Playgroups: Meet weekly in Casterlin and Redway, and Infant/Toddler Group (ages 0-2) meets monthly
- Holiday food and gift program.
- On-site professional counseling: licensed therapists serving students, parents, and families
- Meeting and conference rooms: Community groups can reserve space
- Nutrition education
- Parents workshops: 10-week series. Call for more information
- School supplies donated to students
- Student support groups: Friendship, grief, anger management, self-esteem, and other areas
- Distribution of emergency food bags, hygiene supplies, and children’s activities every Friday from 11am – 2pm
- Youth Alive! Positive alternative activities for teens (arts, outdoor, community building, leadership)
- FRC staff support: wide range of services
Contact & location
Family Resource Center
344 Humboldt Avenue, Redway
This message is only visible to admins.
Backup cache in use.