The mission of the Southern Humboldt Family Resource Center is to connect all community members to resources and services by:
- Supporting education and lifelong learning by strengthening relationships between our schools, families and communities;
- Nurturing efforts of community members to reach their fullest potential and well being;
- Providing opportunities to participate in safe and enriching community life; and
- Promoting respect for diversity.
Visit HNFRC.org to learn about the Humboldt Network for Family Resource Centers.
- Assistance with Basic Needs: emergency food, clothing, hygiene supplies, school supplies, housing, childcare, and transportation
- CalFresh/CalWorks Assistance: information, application assistance, and referrals
- First Five Playgroups: meet weekly in Casterlin, Redway, Salmon Creek, and Shelter Cove
- Holiday food and resources
- Referrals for on-site professional counseling for students, parents, and families
- Meeting and conference rooms: community groups can reserve space
- Nutrition education & parenting skill workshops
- Student support groups: friendship, grief, anger management, self-esteem, and more
- Weekly distribution of emergency food bags, hygiene supplies, and children’s activities
- Youth Diversion Program at South Fork High and Miranda Junior High School – support group for students who have had school referrals or suspensions for substance use, to guide them in a positive direction.
- Organization of Sober Grad Night, Community Baby Shower, Touch A Truck and other community events
Hours & Location
344 Humboldt Avenue, Redway
access at the back of Redway School campus via Whitmore Avenue
PO Box 369
Redway, CA 95560